Friday, June 26, 2009

Time to start solid foods!

The doctor said it was definitely time to start me on some real food. So Mom and Dad got a sweet potato and went to work.

Here's Mom chopping it up, getting ready to steam and smush it.



Here's Kody, making sure it looks OK for me to eat.


And here's me, very excited to give it a try!


And then...here's the video of my very first experience with real food:

Not a resounding success! So we tried again, this time with Dad in control of the airplane/spoon:

Oh well, maybe I'll like it better tomorrow!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So clear about his likes and dislikes...but I agree - enough for day one.

Amy S said...

This was the best thing I've seen all day.

Gillian Lord Ward said...

I think it's a HUGE success for the first time! Keep trying. . . Did you decide not to do cereal mixed with breast milk? You can control that consistency so it's less shocking or, um, gross, for them. Just a thought.

Melissa said...

you can control the consistency of anything by putting breastmilk in it. we made the sweet potatoes nice and runny...

Unknown said...

I say nurse him until he's eight and then go straight to pepperoni pizza.

Unknown said...

he may not be enjoying the food, but i think he's LOVING that bib! ;)